Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty Scents

Confession: I am a junkie for pretty scents. Whether it be perfume, soap, bouquets, or even carpet deodorizer, if it smells pretty, I'm hooked!

As a birthday gift to myself, I ordered some room sprays from Crabtree & Evelyn. If you've never smelled any of their products, they are really remarkable. They tend to have the really pure, saturated scent of whatever the main essence is supposed to be. My all time favorite rose scent is their Rosewater, which is like tea roses and damask roses all mixed together in one heavenly mist.


The thing I love most is spraying a bit of this right before I go to sleep. I pretend I'm sleeping in a garden!

Another great find - this one a total accident - turned out to be Yardley's Lavender Soap. I was in the soap aisle at the grocery store the other day and someone had left a bar of this randomly on a shelf. That annoys me, so I picked it up to figure out where it belonged. When I realized it was lavender (which is one of the most lovely scents in the world, I think!), I sniffed it and knew I had to have it. It hasn't disappointed! My entire bathroom smells gently of lavender, and I was pleased that the soap itself seems pretty gentle. But really, even if it wasn't, I'd be tempted just to leave a bar around to scent the room anyway!



Best part? It was less than $2! Maybe all this will keep me away from candles for a little while. : P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.